Travel to Peru
Home / Methodology & Study Materials / Traveling to Peru

Traveling to Peru

General Advice

+ You don't need a special visa to come to Peru to study Spanish.  
+ The maximum stay in Peru on a tourist visa is 183 days (6 months) per year, and it is cumulative meaning that even if you leave the country and return, your days from your prior stay will count against the 183 allowed. You can't extend your tourist visa once you have entered Peru. Similar to most countries around the world, you are not allowed to work on a tourist visa.
+ You need governmental permission to sign any major contract (i.e. work contracts, apartment purchase, even a marriage certificate) without permission, the papers aren't legal! You can get this permission quite easily at the Immigration Office "Dirección General de Migraciones y Naturalizacion", Av. España 734 in Breña. Their office hours are from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm. Bring your passport and your Tarjeta Andina de Migración (and a copy of each), fill out form F004, pay S/. 27.- plus US$ 50.- at the Banco de la Nacion and you will typically get permission. To avoid long waits in line, arrive early at the Immigration Office.
+ If you need a bank account in Peru, Interbank and Scotiabank allow tourists to open an account with just a passport and valid tourist visa!

Let's get started. Calculate your Investment in learning Spanish

Price calculator
Ask us a question
1 2 3
imagen fondo