- I would like to register for a Spanish course and make a reservation for other services such as accommodation with a family or in a student residence, and transportation from the airport. How can I do it?
To make a reservation all you need to do is complete the online registration form that you find here (LINK).
Immediately after, you will receive a confirmation email with your registration information. The last step is to make an initial payment of 35% of the total of registered services. The balance must be paid on the first day after arrival in Lima or on the first day of class.
- How far in advance should I register in a Spanish course?
If you are abroad you must register 2 weeks in advance. If you also need accommodation, we suggest booking 4 weeks in advance to ensure availability of the accommodation option you select. If you want to study in the months of June, July, and August (high season) we recommend registering at least four weeks in advance.
- When will I receive information about the location of the host family home and/or student residence, and the airport transfer service I have booked?
Students receive this information via email at least one week before arriving in Lima.
- Why is it necessary to make a deposit of 35% after registering online?
We need this down payment to start organizing the services required (Spanish course, accommodation, airport transfer, tours in Peru, among others) and to reserve your spot. We have a limited number of vacancies (maximum six students) for each level of Spanish starting each week, as well as limited housing options which are in high demand throughout the year.
- Are lessons that fall on public holidays recoverable?
The school is closed on public holidays marked on our calendar; however, the hours will be recovered during the week and as announced by the Registration Office.
- What is included in the Intensive or Super-Intensive Spanish course?
The Intensive and Super Intensive courses include: registration, classification and diagnostic exam, study material, social and cultural activities during the afternoons (salsa lessons, cooking classes, cultural lectures, excursions) and course certificate (if requested). It also includes free access to a bilingual library, Wi-Fi internet and use of the school kitchen with hot and cold drinks and snacks.
- When I can start an Intensive/ Super Intensive Spanish course for my level?
You can start an Intensive or Super Intensive Spanish course for your level every Monday, all year round (except if Monday is a public non-working holiday, marked on the website of the school).
- How I can know what is my level of Spanish?
If you have studied Spanish before, or you state that you have some knowledge of Spanish, you will receive a placement test via email once we receive your online registration. If you have no prior knowledge of Spanish or if you wish, you can start from the first level (complete beginners course).
- How many levels of Spanish are there in the Intensive and Super Intensive course?
The Intensive and Super Intensive Spanish Courses have six levels of Spanish:
Basic level (A1), Pre Intermediate (A2), Intermediate I (B1), Intermediate II (B2), Advanced (C1) and Superior level (C2), in accordance with the Study Plan of the Cervantes Institute and the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for Spanish as a foreign language.
- How long does each level of Spanish last in an Intensive course?
In the Intensive Program, each level lasts 60 hours, except the Basic level which takes about 80 hours. The full Intensive Program lasts 19 weeks.
- How is the Super Intensive course organized?
The Super Intensive course takes place in groups in the mornings (from 09.00 to 13.00) and in private or semi private lessons in the afternoons (14.00 to 16.00 hrs). In the morning session (From 9.00 to 1.00 pm) you will develop all the language skills (speaking, listening comprehension, reading, writing and intercultural competence in a group setting). During the two hours in the afternoon you will have a private or semi private class where the student will develop more intensively the communication and listening skills tailored to his/her specific communication objectives.
- How long is the shortest Intensive Spanish course?
The Intensive course has to be at least 01 week and at the most 19 weeks.
- If I miss a class in the group Intensive course, can I recover it?
No. Absences, lateness, late arrival or early departure in group Intensive courses are not recoverable or refundable.
- What are the Super Intensive and Intensive courses timetables?
The timetable for the Intensive course is Monday through to Friday from 9:00 to 13:00, with a 15 minute break at 11:00 am (20 hours per week). The Super Intensive course timetable is from 09:00 to 13.00 and 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (30 hours per week).
- What do I need to bring on the first day of school?
You only need to bring a notebook and a small dictionary. The school will provide the educational material, which is included in the cost of the course.
- What training and experience has the school staff?
- Our teachers have been carefully selected according to their education and experience, personality and passion for the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language.
- Are university graduates with specializations in Bilingual Education, Linguistics, Communications, Spanish Literature or Translation.
- Are native Spanish speakers and speak one or two additional languages.
- Are in constant training, taking courses, attending seminars and training sessions related to the teaching of Spanish.
- Are friendly, dynamic, and highly motivated in the teaching of Spanish.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the culture of Spanish speaking countries.
- What is included in the One-on-One Spanish course?
One-on-One courses include: Registration, placement test and diagnostic exam, structure of the course according to the interests and learning objectives of the student, certificate of studies (if requested by the student).
- What types of One-on-One courses are offered?
We offer the following One-on-One courses:
General Spanish, Accelerated Spanish for Brazilians, DELE Preparation, Business Spanish, Spanish for Children and Adolescents, Conversation & Oral Skills, Grammar Review, General Translation to Spanish, Spanish + Tours in Peru, Spanish + Salsa, Spanish + Surfing, among others.
- When can I start a One-on-One Spanish course?
You can start an One-on-One Spanish course any day of the year, provided you have registered at least 3 days in advance and subject to classrooms and teachers availability. To register online simply complete the registration form available here: (LINK to online registration
- How long does the One-on-One Spanish course last?
The duration of the One-on-One Spanish course depends on the student. You can study less than 20 hours or you can choose one of our discount One-on-One course packages (20, 40, 60 and 80 hours). The hours of these packages can be used within a period of six months.
- What is the shortest or longest a class session can be?
The shortest session must be at least 1.5 hours and the longest no more than the hours that the student deems appropriate (up to 06 hours a day).
- Can the teacher come to my home or office?
Yes. We can arrange a One-on-One course at your home or office, at the most convenient time for you.
- How well in advance should I cancel a One-on-One lesson?
You may cancel a One-on-One lesson provided you notify the school 24 working hours in advance by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Can I bring forward or postpone my One-on-One lessons according to my availability?
Yes, you can bring forward or postpone your One-on-One lessons with prior notice of 24 hours and provided we have availability of teachers on the date and time you want to bring forward or postpone your lessons to. You can make the coordination to bring forward or postpone your One-on-One lessons directly with your teacher and make it official by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where I can get information about Hispana Spanish language school?
- All information on the school, course description, accommodation, other services and prices are in our website.
- If you have a specific question or inquiry, you can contact us at email@example.com
- You can contact us by phone at (511) 446.3045 / 99938.9827, or by Skype at hispana.online
- If you are in Lima, you may visit the school from Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:30 (GMT5) in Calle San Martín 377, Miraflores.
- Where is Hispana School located?
Hispana is located in the center of Miraflores district, one the most beautiful and safest areas in Lima city. We are located on San Martin Street (Calle San Martín 377, Miraflores), only one block away from Avenida Larco (the most famous avenue in Miraflores) where cafés, parks, market squares, movie theaters, bars, night clubs and the best restaurants in Lima, "The gastronomic capital of America" are located. Larco avenue and Miraflores also have a range of hotels and hostels for every budget. Our school is located within a 10 minute walking distance from "Larcomar" shopping and entertainment center where you will find amazing views of the Pacific Ocean as well as activities such as surfing, paragliding and hang gliding.
- How old are the students who join the group intensive courses?
The minimum age to join a group intensive course is 18. On average, our students are adults ranging in age from 25 to 50 years. There is no upper age limit; in high season we usually have a wide range of ages (18-65 years).
- What activities does Hispana School organize?
Hispana offers social and cultural activities during the afternoons such as salsa lessons, cooking classes, cultural lectures, and excursions in the city. These activities are of no cost to students enrolled in group intensive or super intensive courses. If you wish to travel around Lima or to the major tourist destinations of Peru, we can help you organize your trips through our affiliated travel agencies.
- What are the rooms of the host family homes like?
Host families offer students a private room with a single bed, a bed-side table and lamp, a wardrobe and a bathroom (which can be shared or private depending on the student's choice).
- What other services are included?
In addition to the room for the student, 2 meals per day are included (which may be breakfast and lunch, or breakfast and dinner) in coordination with the host family.
- What are the advantages of staying with a host family?
Staying with a host family provides the following opportunities:
- To practice the Spanish you learn at school in a safe and familiar environment.
- To share the lifestyle of a typical family of Lima and participate in activities and customs.
- To enjoy the delicious Peruvian food.
- Host families consist of friendly people who have experience welcoming international students. In addition, they can also give you lots of interesting information about activities going on in the city.
- What are the rules of conduct to be followed by the student staying in a host family?
Please refer to the Home-stay Agreement for Students: LINK
- Can I extend the stay in the host family home or residence of students after completing the course?
Yes, provided there is availability of accommodation. Any renewal or coordination of new booking dates must be done in the enrolment office of school, with at least 01 weeks in advance, as we have reservations for new students during all months of the year.